Safe with Sunwing
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our customers and employees throughout the entire vacation journey. As a Canadian family-owned and operated business, we're committed to keeping you and your families safe. With our ownership of the airline you fly on, the transfer buses that take you from the airport to your hotel and over 30 Sunwing-operated resorts across the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America, our Safe with Sunwing commitment is in place throughout your vacation experience. From the moment you check in at the airport to your resort stay and your journey home, we’re with you every step of the way.
All you need to do is enjoy your vacation - we will take care of the rest.
Click on each of the icons below to see how we're keeping you safe.
We’ve made a number of changes that will help ensure your health and safety both at the airport and on board the plane. Sit back, relax and enjoy the journey.
All passengers and crew are now required to wear non-medical masks or face coverings at the airport and on board the aircraft as mandated by the Government of Canada. You should arrive at the airport with a non-medical mask or face covering; we recommend following the Public Health Agency of Canada guidelines.
- Self-service check-in and passenger processing have been implemented at the airport where possible.
- Physical distancing guidelines are in place at the check-in area and around the terminal.
- Check-in terminals, counters and high-touch areas are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- All staff and crew members will be wearing face coverings at the check-in area and around the terminal.
On board the plane:
- Every aircraft has HEPA air filters installed, which remove 99.9% of airborne particles in the cabin.
- Most printed materials on board (including those in seatback pockets) have been removed.
- Aircraft are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each flight.
- All staff and crew members will be wearing face coverings for the duration of the flight.
We take you from the airport right to your resort with our round-trip transfers. Arrive at your resort safely and in style!
- Sunwing Experiences representatives will greet you at the airport wearing face coverings.
- Sanitation procedures on board transfer vehicles have been updated to the highest safety standards and vehicles are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each journey.
- Vehicle capacity has been reduced to limit the number of people on board and promote social distancing.
Hotels and Resorts
The Hotels and Resorts that we partner with are working hard to implement changes to ensure the health and safety of both customers and employees.
- Advanced sanitation measures are being implemented to adhere with recommendations set in place by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Occupancy has been reduced at many resorts to abide by social distancing guidelines and restrictions set in place by local governments.
- Staff are trained in hygiene protocols and sanitization, and wear protective equipment and face coverings where possible.
Royalton Luxury Resorts has implemented a 360˚ Clean Approach that includes hourly cleaning of common areas, continuous sanitization of high-touch areas and increased cleaning of air-conditioning systems both in common areas and hotel rooms. An advanced dining safety approach and a clean supplier commitment have also been implemented.
Our Sunwing Experiences representatives are available to help you throughout your time in destination. We have taken several measures to ensure the safety of both our travellers and representatives.
- The use of printed materials has been reduced including destination welcome kits and guest communications, which will now be distributed digitally.
- Welcome briefings will now have an option to be offered virtually.
- Signs about COVID-19 and effective prevention measures will be posted.
- Interactions with destination representatives will be limited; however, representatives are available to assist you 24/7 through the Contact Centre or via the Sunwing App.
- Excursions have been adjusted to account for social distancing and customer health and safety including half-day tours and reduced capacity in excursion venues.
We’ve implemented new health and safety protocols for our excursion offerings to help you explore your destination with peace of mind and make the most of your getaway.
- Sunwing Experiences representatives will be wearing face coverings throughout the duration of the tour.
- More options for private excursions and increased frequency of tours to reduce the number of participants on each tour.
- Enhanced offering of half-day tours and reduced capacity in excursion venues to comply with physical distancing guidelines.
- Excursion equipment is disinfected thoroughly after each use and hand sanitizer/disinfectant is readily available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sunwing is committed to the health and safety of employees and customers throughout their vacation journey. The ‘Safe with Sunwing’ commitment includes new safety measures every step of the way, from the moment you check-in at the airport to your flight on board the plane, your transfer from the airport to the hotel and your time at the resort.
Social distancing guidelines are being implemented throughout the entire vacation experience. Self-service check-in has been implemented at the airport where possible, occupancy on board transfer vehicles has been reduced and welcome briefings at the resort are now available virtually. In addition, occupancy at many resorts has been reduced to comply with local guidelines and promote social distancing.
All Sunwing employees are required to wear face masks and/or PPE (where available) at the airport, on board the aircraft and in destination.
As of April 20, 2020, wearing non-medical face masks or face coverings is mandatory for air travellers as per guidelines established by Transport Canada and the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA). Anyone who does not wear a face mask or covering will be denied boarding. There are certain exceptions for children under the age of two years and individuals with disabilities, for more information please visit this link and the Government of Canada website.
Yes, everyone travelling through Canadian airports must wear a non-medical mask or face covering on board the plane regardless of whether or not they’ve been exposed to or recovered from COVID-19. Any passengers who show any symptoms of COVID-19 will be denied boarding in accordance with mandated health checks during check-in.
No, you should arrive at the airport with a non-medical mask or face covering already in your possession. Most airport stores are currently closed due to provincial and federal regulations and those stores that remain open have extremely limited stock.
We recommend following the Public Health Agency of Canada’s guidelines around non-medical masks or face coverings.
We’re doing everything we can to make air travel as safe as possible for both our customers and our employees in such uncertain times. Extensive measures have been taken to ensure a safe air travel experience and give you peace of mind including enhanced sanitation procedures, HEPA air filters in all cabins, the reduction of most printed materials on board and more.
Yes. HEPA air filters are installed on all Sunwing planes, which remove 99.9% of airborne particles in the cabin.
Hotels and resorts have taken numerous measures to ensure the health and safety of their guests. For specific safety measures being taken at your resort, please visit the hotel website.
We recommend following guidelines recommended by the Government of Canada on reducing the risk of contracting COVID-19, including practicing social distancing and frequently washing/sanitizing your hands. The Government of Canada’s full list of recommendations can be found here.
To determine whether you can travel to a certain destination, visit the country’s official website for border closures or travel restrictions. You can also check the Government of Canada’s list of travel advisories and your province’s specific restrictions.
Policies and restrictions vary based on the destination you’re visiting; check your destination’s official website for more details.
If a passenger on board a Sunwing flight tests positive after travelling, contact tracing is performed by the government and health officials. Any passengers who may have come into contact will be contacted by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
If you came into contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you will be contacted by Public Health Canada and advised to self-isolate for two weeks.