- Experience some of the best snorkelling and diving in the world
- Explore the second largest rainforest in the Americas
- Discover well-preserved Mayan archeological sites like Copán
With the sparkling shores of the Caribbean Sea to the north and the Pacific Ocean to the south, the vibrant destination of Honduras offers something for every traveller. Bordered by the second largest barrier reef in the world, underwater explorers can experience some of the best snorkelling and diving in the Caribbean with colourful coral reefs teeming with tropical marine life. Vacationers can get a glimpse of the area’s ancient history by exploring historic ruins like Copán, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that was considered to be the Athens of the ancient Mayan civilization. Located just off the eastern coast of Honduras, travellers will find beautiful islands like Roatán, offering pristine beaches that are perfect for soaking up the sun and lush rainforests where visitors can interact with monkeys, sloths and more.Read more
National language: Spanish-Espagnol
Language notes: Hola! While the local language is Spanish, English is widely spoken in resorts and tourist destinations.
Currency: HNL (Honduran Lempira)
Travel tips: Your local Sunwing Experiences representative will handle your airport transfers, providing you with round-trip transportation from the airport to your resort and back. They are also on hand to recommend the bst experiences to ensure you make the ost of your time away. Be sure to attend you welcome briefing to learn about the handpicked selection of Sunwing Experiences offered for your destination.
What to pack: Don’t know what to bring? Don’t worry. Click Here for our full packing list.
What to buy: Honduran mahogany is known for its lustrous beauty and durability. Carved mahogany boxes, trunks and necklaces can also be purchased at lower prices. Honduran coffee, Lencan pottery and hand-painted wooden masks also make great souvenirs to bring back home.Read more
Overlooking the sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea, Honduras is an ideal choice for couples who love to explore the deep blue with some of the best snorkelling and scuba diving in the world.
Legal wedding requirements
- Please contact the resort directly for arrival date polices.
- A valid passport for at least 6 months for both parties. Photocopies also needed.
- Birth certificates of both parties; they must be originals, bearing the most recent civil status (single or married) of the individual. The name must match their provided ID. Photocopies also needed.
- A certified copy of your police record.
- An Affidavit of Single Status, translated to Spanish with apostille. The single statement must be authenticated by the Ministry of Government and Justice, and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Medical certificate and H.I.V. test, if no children in common. Pregnancy test, if pregnant. Original birth certificate of children, if parents have children together.
- If you have been married before, you will require these additional documents: 1) A certified copy of the divorce decree or 2) A certified copy of your previous spouse's death
- A fee for marriage services must be paid at the Municipality’s Treasury Department.
- Dispensa de Edictos certificate (copy of identification cards and birth certificates of both parties is required).
- Obtain a marriage application from D.E.I., (Dirección Ejecutiva de Ingresos).
- If you are marrying a Honduran citizen, your future spouse will require the following documents: 1) A Honduran identity card ("tarjeta de Identidad") 2) A Certificate of Single Status issued by the Civil Registry ("Certificado de Soltería del Registro Civil")
- You will need two witnesses to your wedding, non-relatives preferred, and must be over 21 years old. They must have the following documents: 1) For non-Honduran citizens: A valid passport for at least six months and photocopies 2) For Honduran citizens: A Honduran Identity card ("Cédula de Identidad")
- The Law does not allow the authorization of a civil marriage of a minor who has not reached the age of 18 or of a woman who has not reached the age of 16.
- All documents must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the wedding date (though each hotel may have different requirements).
Legal ceremonies will incur additional costs. Additional requirements may also apply. Please contact your desired resort directly for legal ceremony fees and any additional requirements. For more information contact email@example.com.Read more