- Discover the island’s rich multicultural heritage
- Travel back in time to the historic ruins of Bushiribana Gold Mill
- Explore the unique natural landscapes of Arikok National Park
At just 30 kilometres by 10 kilometres, the tiny island of Aruba is a tropical paradise, attracting over a million visitors each year to its sparkling shores. Lined with pristine beaches and crystal-clear waters, this island has something to offer vacationers of all travel styles, whether they’re planning a family-friendly getaway or a romantic escape. Explore the colourful architecture and dollhouse-style houses in the capital city of Oranjestad, which is also home to world-class designer boutiques and bustling local markets. Discover the deep blue with a water sports adventure, whether you want to scuba dive, snorkel or windsurf through the calm turquoise waters. In the evening, roll the dice at one of the island’s numerous casinos or experience the vibrant nightlife scene.Read more
National language: Dutch
Currency: AWG (Aruban Floran). We recommend travellers bring USD (United States Dollar) for their vacation.
Language notes: Hallo! While the local language is Dutch, many locals speak English. Your destination representatives can also help with any common phrases or translation help.
Travel tips: Canadian devices use 120 V and will work with 110 V. Many resorts have 120 V plugs. For older devices, items using motors or heating (heated beauty tools, electric toothbrushes) and three-prong plugs we recommend bringing an adaptor with voltage conversion.
What to pack: Don’t know what to bring? Don’t worry. Click Here for a full checklist to print and refer to when packing for your all-inclusive vacation in Aruba.
What to buy: Shopping in Aruba is a shopper's paradise, head downtown Aruba for this unique island experience. For those on a more restricted budget, visit the local marketplace for some great and inexpensive souvenirs. You won't be disappointed!
Getting around: Your local Sunwing Experiences representative will handle your airport transfers, providing you with round-trip transportation from the airport to your resort and back. To discover all the incredible things to do and see, Sunwing Experiences will take you on a range of exciting tours and excursions.Read more
From breathtaking beaches to unique landscapes and world-famous nightlife (perfect for bachelor and bachelorette parties!), Aruba has something for everyone on your guest list.
Legal wedding requirements
- Wedding couple must arrive in destination at least three business days prior to the ceremony date.
- Certified copies of valid birth certificates (long form) for the wedding couple with apostille.
- Valid passports for the wedding couple.
- Certificate of no impediment for bride and groom (also referred to as a single status report) with apostille.
- If either party is divorced, they must provide a copy of the first and last page of the final divorce decree.
- If either party has been widowed, they must provide a copy of the death certificate.
- 2 witnesses and copies of witnesses’ valid passports.
- Wedding couple must send scanned copies of all these documents at least one month prior to the wedding date.
- The registrar’s office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination wedding in Aruba. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
Legal ceremonies will incur additional costs. Additional requirements may also apply. Please contact your desired resort directly for legal ceremony fees and any additional requirements. For more information contact email@example.com.Read more