- Relax on the pristine white-sand shores that the island is famous for
- Explore the cobblestone streets and vibrant Cuban culture in Havana
- Visit one of the island’s ten UNESCO World Heritage sites
Discover the beautiful island of Cuba, a favourite vacation destination of Canadian travellers for over 50 years. Lined with pristine white-sand shores, crystal-clear waters and unique lush landscapes, this Caribbean island offers plenty of opportunities for both relaxation and exploration from coast-to-coast. With an average of 330 days of sunshine a year and over 400 kilometres of pristine shores lining the coast, Cuba is the perfect place for a relaxing beach getaway. The island is also home to more UNESCO World Heritage Sites than any other Caribbean country, perfect for travellers looking to soak in the local culture and learn about Cuba’s fascinating history. Explore the cobblestone streets of Old Havana where classic American cars line the street, tour the seaside fortress of El Morro in Santiago de Cuba and discover the colonial squares of Trinidad. No matter which Cuban destination you choose to explore, your vacation to this beautiful island is sure to be unforgettable!
Check out our all-inclusive vacation packages here.Read more
National language: Spanish
Language notes: Hola! While the local language is Spanish, English is widely spoken in resorts and tourist destinations.
Currency: CUC (Cuban Convertible Peso)
Travel tips: Canadian devices use 120 V and will work with 110 V. Many resorts have 120 V plugs. For older devices, items using motors or heating (heated beauty tools, electric toothbrushes) and three-prong plugs we recommend bringing an adaptor with voltage conversion.
What to pack: Don’t know what to bring? Don’t worry. Click Here for our full packing list.
What to buy: Havana Club rum is a popular export due to its high quality and excellent taste. Another famous export and souvenir among tourists are Cohiba cigars. Cuban coffee is well recognized with Cubita Coffee being the most popular brand in the country.
Getting around: Your local Sunwing Experiences representative will handle your airport transfers, providing you with round-trip transportation from the airport to your resort and back. They are also on hand to recommend the best experiences to ensure you make the most of your time away. Be sure to attend you welcome briefing to learn about the handpicked selection of Sunwing Experiences offered for your destination.Read more
Home to some of the best beaches in the Caribbean, Cuba is an ideal setting for your laidback union with plenty of popular beachfront resorts to choose from for your big day.
Legal wedding requirements
- Wedding couple must arrive in destination at least three business days prior to the ceremony date.
- Copies of valid passports for the wedding couple.
- Original copy of your Cuban Tourist Card (issued during the flight).
- If either party has been divorced, a copy of the divorce certificate that has been legalized and translated by the Cuban Consulate in the country of origin, in addition to the original marriage certificate.
- If either party has been widowed, a copy of the death certificate that has been legalized and translated by the Cuban Consulate in the country of origin, in addition to the original marriage certificate.
- Wedding couple must send scanned copies of all these documents at least 60 days prior to the wedding date.
- All documents must be officially translated in Spanish, certified by a Notary Public and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity in order to be legalized and certified by the Consulate General of Cuba (allow 15-21 business days for processing, service fees apply).
Legal ceremonies will incur additional costs. Additional requirements may also apply. Please contact your desired resort directly for legal ceremony fees and any additional requirements. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more