Signature drinks for your destination wedding
Whether you’re serving them as cocktails or mocktails, a popular trend is to offer signature drinks during your reception that show off your unique personality and style as a couple. With drinks already being included at all inclusive resorts, this can also be a trendy and budget-friendly way to personalize your big day. We put together some of our favorite signature drink ideas for your destination wedding.
Expert Tip: Make sure to print out ingredient lists for the resort staff to follow and make sure to choose common ingredients that you can find at any bar.
This pink-hued cocktail offers a tropical twist on the traditional toast to the newly-married couple!
- 1 oz. peach schnapps
- 4 oz. sparkling wine or (for an alcohol free alternative) sparkling fruit juice
Mai-tais are a favourite tropical drink at all inclusive resorts and look adorable garnished with paper umbrellas in your colour scheme.
- 2 oz. white rum (for an alcoholic free alternative simply omit this ingredient)
- 1 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. orange juice or orange curacao liqueur
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. grenadine
This delicious fruity beverage is best made in large batches. We recommend incorporating tropical fruit that’s local to your destination.
- 8 oz. orange juice
- 8 oz. apple juice
- 8 oz. club soda
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 16 oz. white wine, red wine or (for an alcohol free alternative) ginger ale
- 1 cup assorted fresh fruit, sliced and with the peels left on
- 2 cups ice
Regardless of whether you’re saying “I do” in Cuba or another tropical destination, this ever-popular drink that originated in Havana is always a crowd pleaser.
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 2 oz. white rum or (for an alcohol free alternative) Sprite
- 1 oz. club sda
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup ice