|The Senior SQL DBA is responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring, maintenance and security of the databases installed at Sunwing Travel Group. The role includes the development and design of database strategies, system monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements. As well as plan, co-ordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the databases.|
- Provide day to day database support and maintenance
- Investigate and resolve database issues
- Monitor production systems and proactively optimize database performance
- Design and write T-SQL and scripts to automate database management tasks where possible
- Document operational procedures and processes
- Install, manage and optimize MS SQL Server (In a SQL 2008 R2, SQL 2012, 2013 environment)
- Perform troubleshooting and optimizing MS SQL Servers
- Upgrade and enhance MS SQL Server environment to latest versions and patches
- Provide after-hours on-call support on a rotational basis and as required
|- Experience with SQL Server installations and configurations for stand-alone and clustered instances (In a SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2013 environment) |
- Understanding of file groups and data file layouts
- Experience with highly available architectures such as clustering, mirroring, replication, Always-on of MS SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows 2008 and 2012 Server, including Active Directory and disk configurations.
- Strong understanding of SQL Server backup and restore concepts and implementations
- Strong performance tuning and optimization skills
- Strong understanding of index design and management
- Strong understanding of SQL Server security concepts and implementations
- Understanding of concurrency and locking concepts
- Experience with SQL Server tools, including Profiler, Tuning advisor and Configuration Manager.
- All other SQL DBA responsibilities as required.