|POSITION: Business Development Manager (1 Year Contract)|
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
POSTING DATE: August 2, 2013
CLOSING DATE: August 16, 2013
The primary function of a Business Development Manager is to develop and maintain profitable relationships between the Tour Operator and Retail Sector including various types of sales promotion, marketing and training in given territory. The overall goal is to increase market share and sales revenues.
- Effectively manage the assigned territory to ensure maximum sales and developments are obtained.
- Promote our products, services and differences to travel agencies and development in the business community.
- Act as primary contact for the company with retail partners in the assigned territory.
- Work together closely with travel agencies in order to find business opportunities, promotions and advertising.
- Organize and supervise travel agents seminars, business operations and other events related to sales functions.
- Ability to speak up in public, to perform trainings and seminars.
- Participate and represent Sunwing at trade and consumers shows and other tasks related to the position.
- Make daily sales calls to Agencies to promote, train and update agents on Sunwing products, promotions and services.
- Report on competition, market conditions, retail partnerships and other market trends
- Other duties as assigned.