Group Sales Agent YUL
|DEPARTMENT: Group Sales Quebec|
REPORTS TO: Manager, Group Sales Quebec
A group sales agent will take anywhere from 30 to 80 calls per day and/or process upwards of 50 quotes per day. The positionâ€™s objective is to generate new sales, maximize margins, maintain the quality of files and grow customer loyalty through service excellence, attention to detail, product knowledge and sales ability. This position requires broad knowledge (sales, services and numeric capability) across multiple department functions.
- Process written group quote requests as directed, maintaining daily quotas.
- Respond to incoming group inquiries via phone and respond to verbal quote requests, costing quotes according to commercial guidelines provided.
- Up sell and cross sell on each call, using key product and promotional information provided.
- Sell optional extras such as group seating, Elite Plus, excursions and gift certificates, insurance
- Book group files, issue contracts and invoices, apply payments and general file maintenance.
- Provide administrative support to Group Sales Coordinators.
- Fill-in for Coordinator absences as directed by Supervisor
- Maintain product knowledge and participate in ongoing training
|- Fully bilingual in English and French|
- Minimum 1 year telephone sales and customer service experience
- Pleasant telephone manner, excellent communication skills and enjoys working directly with customers
- Detail oriented, organized and capable of multi tasking
- Demonstrates initiative with problem solving and decision making skills
- Is comfortable working with numbers, numeric
- Ability to work well under pressure, be flexible, reliable & prioritize workload
- Minimum 2 years experience in a wholesale travel environment
- Experience with MS Office (email, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of Soft Voyage TTS an asset
- Ability to jump into the Coordinators files and quickly determine file status and respond to customer enquiries
- Ability to adjust customer approach with each call
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize based on service requirements of the department, including shifting between taking calls and processing price quotes (verbal and written)
- Stays current with multiple internal and external promotions, processes and system functionality
|At Sunwing we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.|
|Apply for this Position|
|If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to the Human Resources department by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.|